Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner.... and staying?

Amber prior to retirement (See! He looks "smelly" doesn't he?)

Sunday morning, I was in for a rather rude awakening. My Person's sister arrived at my house and brought with her..... a cat....

Amber belongs to my Person's mother and is "retiring" from the farm where he has lived for a number of years. Nice enough guy, I guess, but was I consulted about having him move in? No. I was not!
Not only does he "smell funny" and, until they can figure out where to put his box, it is in the living room (because he has been hiding under a table in the corner a good bit of the time) but he has taken to exploring all MY territory at 4:30 in the morning. AND.... AND!!!! I caught him sleeping on MY PERSON'S BED last night.... My Person DID move him off to her mother's bed when she woke to find him there but still.... Oh! The indignity! Oh! The humiliation!
I have tried hissing. I have tried glaring pointedly at my person. I have tried sitting with my back to the whole lot of them for an hour. I even tried luring him out the door in hopes that he didn't want to be here as much as I don't want him to be here..... No such luck.
Drat!
Me demonstrating one of my patented indignant looks (archive photo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home